Although the most common method of paying for college is through scholarships, most colleges also provide special financial aid packages that can help lower the cost of attendance. For instance, Saint Louis University provides over ten scholarships and awards that are exclusive to SLU; many of these just require your application to be considered.
The Presidential Scholarship at SLU offers full tuition for four years. “This financial aid has made my educational experience more pleasurable because I can participate in class and be a student at university without getting to be anxious about how I will fund myself for my education, said one of the presidential scholars “The financial aid assists in taking the burden off the student’s shoulders.”
The SLU Presidential Scholarship is an exemplary program that provides outstanding students with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change the world. This esteemed scholarship, granted by Saint Louis University, symbolizes a dedication to leadership, academic excellence, and knowledge acquisition outside of the classroom.
It is an honor bestowed upon those who possess unwavering commitment, a voracious appetite for creativity, and a burning desire to create a better tomorrow. Any prior merit-based scholarship or award offered by SLU will be superseded by the Presidential Scholarship.
Presidential Scholars are eligible to apply for additional financing, up to $1,200, to support an experiential learning project, such as an internship, study abroad, service project, or other extracurricular activity. The number of students who receive this scholarship each year varies based on the university.
Students must have applied for the 12th grade to be eligible for this scholarship. To be eligible for this scholarship, international students must take English proficiency exams such as the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. When international students apply for courses with scholarships, they are automatically considered for these awards.
How to Apply for This Scholarship
- A duplicate of your academic records
- Results of tests of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation and a resume of activities are encouraged but not necessary for admission.
- Fill out the online application for admission as a freshman and send it in along with the necessary documents.
- Fill out the separate application for the Presidential Scholarship and send it in with the necessary documents (a scholarship essay, a resume, and two recommendation letters) by January 15.
- Before beginning your application, get ready to respond in 500 words to the following essay question:
- The Presidential Scholarship is given to students who, in addition to exhibiting excellent leadership and people skills, embody Saint Louis University’s mission of being servant leaders and men and women for others. For you, what does leadership entail? Explain how you would carry out the university’s mission as a student and provide a thorough example of how your leadership has positively impacted others.
How to Apply for Scholarships
All prospective students at SLU are strongly encouraged to finish their online freshman admission applications by December 1. You will then automatically be considered for the merit-based scholarships offered by SLU. An additional application is not necessary. Your application will be considered for a scholarship, subject to funding availability, if it is received after December 1, 2024.
What is the presidential scholarship at SLU?
The Presidential Scholarship at Saint Louis University is given to deserving student leaders. This competitive award pays for tuition in full for the first ten consecutive fall and spring semesters of full-time study (up to 18 credit hours).
Does SLU give scholarships to international students?
International students enrolled at the St. Louis campus are eligible for financial aid. As part of your admissions application, you are automatically considered for SLU’s merit-based scholarships.
How can I apply to Saint Louis University for a scholarship?
Use the Scholarship Suite application found on the “Tools” tab of myslu.slu.edu to apply. Applicants must be U.S. or foreign graduate degree seekers who have finished at least one semester of graduate coursework by May 20 to be eligible.
How many people apply for the SLU presidential scholarships?
Nearly 500 high school students will be interviewed for the award this weekend and last. Concerning Presidential Scholars: Students who meet the requirements for a Presidential Scholarship are required to have an ACT score of 30 and an overall grade point average of 3.85.
Does Saint Louis give financial aid to international students?
Federal student loans and grants are not available to international students. Nevertheless, when a student applies for admission to SLU’s St. Louis campus, the university automatically considers them for merit scholarships