Are you a recent graduate of a US high school going to college this autumn? If so, you are welcome to participate in the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program. Student-athletes who exhibit outstanding academic achievement along with outstanding leadership qualities in games, schools, and wider society are recognized by the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program.
They want to know how you’ve used the abilities you’ve developed in the locker room to make a significant, positive difference in the lives of those around you, whether you’re the top scorer or the most enthusiastic team member.
Each Twenty Foot Locker Scholar Athlete, recognized for their outstanding performance in the classroom, on their sports teams, and in their communities, will receive a $20,000 college scholarship.
They understand that every person’s college experience is unique. The Foot Locker Foundation Scholarship Program is a tool to support you in pursuing your higher education goals, whether you choose to stay local or go nationwide.
To qualify for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program, an applicant must meet the following requirements: be a current high school senior enrolling in a four-year US college or university; be a current member (in good standing) of a high school sports team.
Also participate in extracurricular activities such as martial arts, intramurals, etc.; maintain an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher from the first semester of the 12th grade to the end of the ninth grade; and be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
The evaluation of applicants will depend on whether they…
- Foot Locker Scholar Athletes are regarded as trustworthy and esteemed members of their communities as well as their schools. They have established trusting bonds with other students, faculty, and community members, and they will make a lasting impression.
- Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have a strong sense of intellectual curiosity, aim high in school, and perform exceptionally well in their coursework.
- Foot Locker Scholar Athletes have demonstrated a strong commitment to enhancing the lives of those around them.
- Foot Locker Scholar Sportspeople aren’t hesitant role models. They are leaders who take on challenges for the greater good; they are self-assured, truthful, and enthusiastic.
- Foot Locker Scholar Athletes play a variety of sports, come from diverse backgrounds, have different life stories, and have different academic goals.
20 Foot Locker Scholar Prize Athletes who excel in the classroom, on their sports teams, and in their communities may be eligible for college scholarships worth up to $20,000, depending on their program.
Phases of the initiative
Applications: Based on the judging criteria, all applications will be reviewed by a panel of scholarship experts.
Interviews: Interviews will be held to learn more about the applicants. they will start these interviews with the semi-finalists in late March or early April, so put that date on your calendars.
Announcement: They will pick and declare the last 20 athletes to be Foot Locker Scholars.
Everyone honors the steadfast dedication, tenacity, and remarkable accomplishments of scholar-athletes across the country as the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Program finds its scholars. This program is a tribute to the extraordinary people who manage to strike a balance between scholastic achievement, athletic ability, and a commitment to making a positive impact in the community. They have the honor of witnessing the inspiring tales of young athletes who personify grit, leadership, and selflessness.