The Destination Australia Scholarship has been established under the Commonwealth government’s Destination Australia Program.
The purpose of which is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
The scholarship has been established as a result of Grant Funding provided by the Commonwealth of Australia as part of the International Education Support program.
- Host Country: Australia
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $15,000
- Deadline: August 5, 2022
Flinders University is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia. Founded in 1966, it was named in honour of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century. Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group.
Academically, the university pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been ranked among the nation’s top 10.
An applicant must:
- be commencing a bachelor’s degree at the Riverland campus of Flinders University; and
- maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics; and
- be enrolled full-time.
International recipients are also required to maintain a Student Visa for the duration of the scholarship.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
There will be 12 scholarships available to domestic students and 2 for international students.
Scholarships will be valued at $15,000 per annum for the duration of the recipient’s program, up to a maximum of three years.
Payment will be made in two instalments per annum after the census date of each semester.
Selection will take the following into account:
• Applicants who will relocate to the Riverland region to undertake their study will be given preference
• Students who demonstrate financial need will also be given preference
• Academic merit (based on course entry score) may be used if required.
Scholarships will be awarded for the duration of the recipient’s program, subject to maintaining a GPA of 4.0. The maximum tenure is 3 years.
Method of Application
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date.
Please read the how to apply page and ensure all of your personal details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be assessed using this information.
Click here to apply
Read also: Top 6 Insurance plans Everyone Needs