Many aspirational and worthy students all around the country find hope and opportunity in the Horatio Alger Scholarship program. The Horatio Alger Scholarship program offers financial aid to high school seniors who, despite great challenges, have demonstrated resiliency, tenacity, and a dedication to pursuing higher education. The scholarship aims to reduce the burden of college expenses for these worthy students, who may be facing personal or monetary challenges.
The scholarship is named for the well-known American writer of the 19th century, Horatio Alger Jr., whose works frequently showed how poor people could overcome adversity through hard work, perseverance, and moral integrity. By giving financial assistance to students in need, the scholarship seeks to honor Alger’s legacy.
Good news!!! This scholarship is currently open for 2024 applications.
Study level: Undergraduate
Institution: American collages
Study in: United States
Deadline: 15th March, 2024.
1. Be an American high school senior who is about to graduate
2. To be eligible, applicants must be 23 years or younger.
3. Show that you have a serious financial need. you should also show that you are very committed to going to college and overcoming obstacles.
4. Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0
5. Participate in extracurricular activities or community service projects.
6. Demonstrate a strong commitment to pursuing and finishing a bachelor’s degree at a US non-profit public or private university (students may begin at a two-year institution before transferring to a four-year institution).
7. Be a United States citizen.
A financial coverage of $25,000 for the four years of Undergraduate studies, which is usually renewed yearly depending on the recipient’s GPA or academic performance. Scholars can also be open to mentorship opportunities, and a community of supportive scholars.
Usually, the Horatio Alger Scholarship application is an online application that requires the submission of personal information, academic transcripts, financial information, letters of recommendation, and essays outlining the applicant’s perseverance in the face of hardship. Navigate to https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/ to submit your application.